Resolve Common PC Errors
Recently, some of our users reported experiencing the SVC 1920 error code. 1920 is the most common indicator of all WAN bandwidth issues and typically follows a mirror link that fails to connect to the network because the connection failure (connectivity detection) exceeds 301 seconds. For GMs with varying volumes, consider adjusting the cycle period.
IBM SAN Volume Global Mirror and Storwize V7000 Controller
What is service error 1920?
Error 1920: The Office Software Protection Platform (osppsvc) service failed to start. Make sure you have sufficient permissions to run feature services. I have administrator rights on my computer. So I need help to solve this problem. This thread is very blocked. You can follow opinions or vote for usefulness, but your company cannot reply to this thread.
1920 was a significant year with many notable events. Actually the place allows me to mention them all, so please excuse me if all your important events Is 1920 have been deleted:
However, there is another famous event from 1920, the Code 1920 experiment with an IBM SAN Controller and a Storwize V7000 Global Mirror volume, and this event is very well known. The 1920 code match indicates that the Global Mirror is being deliberately broken One of the volume relationships that you replicate to maintain good host and application performance. If it is not a specific error code per se, it is the result of automated intelligent monitoring and decision making by your Global Mirror system. I’ve been asked several times why Global Mirror doesn’t automatically restart a relationship that just ended with a custom 1920 event code. Think about it. The plan had just made the deliberate decision to end the relationship, so why could he rekindle it? If you don’t care about the impact on the host, you can set the GM to not exit at all here, but don’t set it to exit when impacting the server, then the system blindly exits it once it actually does what you said . I would make. 1920 is a form of operational overload. Traffic jams can be almost at the end of the wind decision:
Before h Let me explain how the system handles the cancellation, let me first look at your options to avoid 1920. This is a two-way version, on the contrary, everyone wants to know how to help you avoid 1920, and few people really want to know all the details of congestion control. Possible skills to avoid 1920: (there may be updates now in green and more to add later in red)
- Ask your IBM storage specialist and/or possibly your IBM Business Partner to use Global Mirror with change volumes (similar to RPO in minutes) instead of Global Mirror (RPO in milliseconds). To follow this guide, you must have firmware version 6 or higher. Please note that VMware SRM support for GM/CV is scheduled for late September 2012. Also note that the size of the specified 15-minute change volume will likely be 1% smaller than the original volume, in fact you won’t need much additional disk space for it.
- Make sure you optimize your streams: create a whole bunch of consistency groups and create a great emptycg0 when creating offline volumes.
- Increase the gmmaxhostdelay parameter directly from the default value of 5 milliseconds. The system monitors for additional host I/O latency due to beacon and release calculation per write burst, or if it exceeds GMmaxhostdelay, the system considers this to be an unacceptable situation.
- Increase GMlinktolerance to 300 seconds. This is usually a window in which the GM can deal with a delay that exceeds GMmaxhostdelay before deciding to get rid of it. Although it has been suggested not to increase this in a specific VMware environment.
- Increase network bandwidth, personal area network quality, network quality of service capabilities, or reduce network latency. Don’t skimp on your network. Be sure to purchase a performance monitoring license on someone else’s FCIP (for example, the 2498-R06 router feature “Performance Monitoring Code R06 7734”). I’ve been told that this or using TPC are the two best ways to see what’s happening with the called traffic from a FC perspective. I was told why view traffic/load using mAn IP traffic monitor is not always a visit to enable you to replicate traffic.
- If the SVC/V7000 is limited, add another I/O group to the system, or add more disks on both ends if one disk is limited. Do not attempt to run Global Mirror because the production SAS/SSD system is busy to support disaster recovery with NL-SAS. Maybe you can do it with GM/CV, but not with GM installed.
- Make sure the real log doesn’t contain the most impressive errors.
Click here to download the software that will fix your PC.