You may receive an error message that the ide hard drive is not detected in the BIOS. As it turns out, there are different ways to solve this problem, so we’ll discuss them in a moment.
Resolve Common PC Errors
The BIOS will not recognize the hard drive if the data cable is damaged or incorrectly connected. In particular, Serial ATA cables can fall out of the connection under certain circumstances. Be sure to check the SATA cables that are securely connected to the SATA port.
BIOS, also known as the basic output and input system, is basically a type of program that exhausts the operations of a computer. This is very important because the entire research process is controlled by the BIOS. Therefore, an error-free BIOS is very important, and anything that it cannot detect is problematic. problem
The one you can create in the BIOS is for true hard drives, and “unrecognized hard drive” is a common error.
How do I enable IDE in BIOS?
Press this F2 key at the Sun logo screen to enter the BIOS setup menu. In the BIOS utility dialog, select Advanced -> IDE Setup. The IDE configuration menu will appear. From the IDE configuration menu, select Configure SATA As and press Enter.
There will certainly be many reasons for this, but here are a few typical situations. If your hard drive is supposed to be brand new and not recognized, I would say in the BIOS, you need to perform various fixes for you. If the DVD is old and suddenly stops working, you canassume that he is already dead.
It’s literally a painful situation for everyone when they realize they’re really dead. They think that they have lost everything forever, but in fact they are not, because there are a number of Windows data recovery programs that can help you recover data from unused drives.
For example, Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Medicinal – Home is a popular tool for recovering lost partitions and recovering deleted data. You can restore up to 1 GB for free, including data.
You can also try to fix this error manually, but if they don’t help, you’ll have to replace your hard drive.
General Check Of The Data Cable
The SATA or Cable IDE lines are very important products. They are used to connect the hard drive containing the motherboard. The SATA cable is almost certainly connected to the hard drive and this motherboard.
- Find your SATA cable.
- Make sure your TV is over 1 meter long. Equally short cables cause convulsions. This should damage the cable.
- Make sure the SATA connector issecurely connected to correct our situation.
- If you doubt that the current cable is damaged, replace it.
If you are using UDMA cables (with three pins instead of two like SATA), follow these steps. Of course
- Connect any colored port to the instantaneous port.
- Get a UDMA cable. There should be three colored connectors.
- The black connector on the specific end is typically used to connect the main device.
- Grey or medium, connector is for slave devices.
- The blue connector is obviously used to connect to the motherboard.
Check Jumper Setting
Jumpers are small changes used to open the corresponding circuit. Used in computers, they are intended to describe the approximate configuration of ATA drives.
- Look for the jumper on the back of the drive. It’s kind of like a switch with cheap metal rods and connectors. If you don’t see what it looks like, look online first.
- It will be placed on disk when connected.
- Check if there are only one or two jumpers.
- If your hard drive only has one jumper, you might want to check the position of the jumper. The jumper should be located at a large percentage of the far left corner of the cable connector. It must be the right direction.
- If it has two jumpers, place one jumper in the farthest rendered corner in the top-down direction, and the next jumper just after the concept in the horizontal direction.
This is to confirm that your device is in Master/Slave mode. If you have a reliable SATA drive, you probably shouldn’t look for anything. Try this solution if the error persists.
Check Automatic Disk Detection
How do I fix BIOS not detecting hard drive?
PerezBoot the PC and enter the advanced system (BIOS) by pressing F2.Check and configure disk discovery in full configurations.Turn on automatic lifestyle detection.Reboot and see if the drive is recognized in the BIOS.
What is IDE HDD in BIOS?
The block mode feature of the IDE hard drive BIOS speeds up access to empty hard drives by transferring multiple data units in a single interrupt instead of using the conventional single sector transfer system. This type of data transfer became known as block transfer.
If the jumpers are in the correct position and the hard drive is still not recognized, check the trip detection.